Monday, December 15, 2014

The bike

The bike i'm using is a 90's Specialized Stumpjumper. They are cheap on craigslist these days, got mine for $80 buckaroos. Why a 26" MTB? Because wheel strength and because 26" spares are much easier to find in South America. MTB geometry is also more favorable for touring, I don't need aero, bro. 

Pictured is the Stumpjumper in some deep sparkly purple with pink decals, 90's color schemes were beautiful. In the pic is also my roommate, master of bicycles.




After some money spent on a few Shimano XT bits, wheels, bar end shifters, drop bar conversion, mistakes and hard work (mostly done by master of bicycles) this is how the bike is currently looking:

Still missing rack adapters, panniers and a bunch of other stuff. Overall it's pretty badass and I can't wait to start logging long miles on it.
Dynamo hub.

26.8 seatpost in 26.6 seat tube...F*ck me, right? I also tore off the quick release clamp thinking it wasn't part of the frame, well, it was. Also, this saddle turned out to be really bad for my bottom.

Raging.


"The hand of God", this light is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment